I’ve noticed that several people have posted theory videos about every possibility that could happen in Steven Universe. If there are any theory videos involving Once Upon a Time, I’ve yet to find them. I have created theories of my own about the shows, but these will only be written word for word. First, I will talk about Steven Universe.
Here’s what I think is very likely to happen:
1. Steven (and possibly the Crystal Gems) will go to Homeworld.
2. Steven gets poofed (or seriously injured) and sees his mom in limbo for the first time.
For the first theory, this sort of event could take place if Steven gets captured by Homeworld Gems or the Crystal Gems need to take the fight to Homeworld. Since he is the hybrid son of Rose Quartz and a human, then Homeworld is likely going to see him as an abomination and thus needs to be dealt with. If Steven does go to Homeworld, it would be a good opportunity to see White Diamond for the first time if she doesn’t appear in any episodes before the event. Whether or not the Crystal Gems are going to accompany him or take him to Homeworld, I am not entirely certain.
For the second theory, I’m not sure whether or not Steven can get poofed since he’s only half-Gem. However, if he does - or at least gets injured in a human way similar to poofing - then this may provide him an opportunity to see his mother in limbo. Rebecca Sugar never actually said Rose was dead, so what I think is that Rose - like other Gems when they get poofed - is in limbo within her gem because she gave up her physical form for Steven. When at least Steven’s consciousness retreats in his gem, he might see his mother’s essence shaped in her form. After a bittersweet chat with his mother, Steven will return to reality. I’m guessing that in order for Rose to return, Steven will have to die and that will detach the gem from his navel. I’m not saying Steven will die in the show, but it might have to happen someday after the series.
On the topic of Once Upon a Time, I have four people in mind for the hooded figure.
1. Rumple and Belle’s baby: Do you know of the show The 4400? If not, let me explain it to you. Over the years, 4400 people get abducted from their respective timelines by a strange light. They then reappear altogether on a lake in modern times with no memory of what happened between their disappearance and their reappearance. Two of the abductees have a superpowered child named Isabelle, who grows to adulthood at an abnormally fast rate. The reason I bring this up is because I think Rumple and Belle’s baby (who I will refer to as Giles after his actor) will be a lot like an evil version of Isabelle.
Because his dad is the Dark One, Giles will possibly inherit his powers, not to mention a lot of her personality. No doubt that Giles probably manipulated his mom into ditching his dad so he could use her as a pawn. Naturally, Belle will blame Rumple for their son’s darkness, but then Giles will point out that Belle’s distrust and spite towards her husband helped fuel Giles’ dark powers and his darkness altogether. Talk about a stinger there. The Evil Queen might want to recruit Giles as her apprentice, but he might turn on her and become the final boss of the first half of Season 6. Look out, world! A natural Dark One could be coming our way!
2. Belle: Okay, some part of me might be biased about this, but if the creators want to keep us on our toes, they’d have to pull a pretty good plot twist like turning Belle into a wielder of dark magic. I would give you the reasons why I think she could be the hooded figure, but I’d go on a long-winded rant, so I’ll narrow it down for you. Belle hasn’t exactly been proving to be a good wife to Rumple recently. She expects him to be a perfect man because she cannot accept his imperfections and his addiction to the dark side. She needs to realize that no one – not even she or her husband – can be perfect. A true Beauty and the Beast moral would be that the beauty would still love the beast even if he doesn’t turn into a prince. As long as he’s compassionate and not abusive, that should be all that matters.
Another thing to point out is that she’s being harsh with Rumple, saying that his being afraid of failure is “too weak to be good”. She should know that everyone is afraid of failure, including herself. She claims that her son will hate his dad, but the only hatred I see is hers. I know I have my dislikes towards Belle, but that doesn’t mean she’s entirely out of the running for the hooded figure. I don’t know how she would turn into a dark sorceress, but a pretty good instigator would be an event similar to Tara’s death in Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. Willow turned dark right after Tara died, so I’m wondering if Belle could do the same.
3. An Emma doppelganger: Believe it or not, this is not out of the realm of possibility. Much like Jekyll and Hyde, maybe Emma’s going to take the serum and split herself into clean absolutes. I don’t know why she would do that, but you have to admit that a doppelganger would make a very good candidate for the hooded figure.
4. A Snow White doppelganger: Given what the Evil Queen has done to her and David’s hearts right now, Snow White might be compelled to give in to her inner darkness. But if this happens, then she might want to take the serum and split herself into two people. It might only be a possibility, but it’s a plot-twisting possibility.
I’ve paid close attention to the red smoke the hooded figure uses during the predicted fight, and it doesn’t match Rumple’s smoke, the Evil Queen’s, or perhaps even Jafar’s. Given how the show has proven to pull plot twists here and there, I say that the hooded figure is the person people least suspect. Even though I’m leaning more towards Belle, there’s a good chance it’s her and Rumple’s son.
Would you like to share your thoughts in the comments below? It’d be interesting to see what you think of any one of my theories.